December Currently

I have waited eleven months for December to finally be here, and I'm so excited that it finally is! I can't believe that it is already here, but excited nonetheless. I'm linking up with Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for the December Currently, so here it goes.


Listening: I used to be the person who had to ALWAYS have music, television, or some kind of noise going on at all times just to be able to focus or feel at ease. Not anymore. Teaching has ruined that. After hearing my name five thousand times a day and hearing little voices all day long, I am finding that I will drive forty-five minutes home from work without realizing I didn't even have any music on, or I will sit on the couch and cuddle with my dog without turning the tv on. Silence has become so soothing to me. With break and Christmas right around the corner and my students in an uproar 24/7 over both events, silence is what I'm needing. 

Loving: Christmastime! I love Christmas as much as everyone else does; however, I refused to put any of my decorations or my tree up until after Thanksgiving. Call me old fashioned or whatever, but I didn't want to get so caught up in the excitement of Christmas, the buying of gifts and catching all of the deals for Christmas before Thanksgiving was even over, that I completely forgot about the purpose of the holidays- being thankful for the time that I have with my family, and that began with Thanksgiving before Christmas. As soon as Thanksgiving was over though, folks, IT. WAS. ON! And it has been on ever since. I'm vigilantly counting down the days until Christmas!

Thinking: I am as wound up about break being in three weeks than my kiddos, but I just know how to handle it a little a lot better. Thankfully we will be so busy with all of these various Christmas related parties and events here in Kindergarten that the time is sure to fly by... I hope. 

Wanting: I probably picked an awful time to start eating healthier since the holidays will be jam packed with yummy foods, but I am trying to get in a habit of making better eating choices so that when the holidays and special events come around, I can enjoy them without having any guilt. One of my good girlfriends talked me into going to a SGT, Small Group Training, class at the gym twice a week for six weeks, so I figured if I am going to get back into the gym and bust my booty, then I had better make it worth my while and get my eating in check. I'm three days in and have cut out all carbs until 6 p.m. each day, and then have a low carb dinner as well. It is about to suck the life out of me because I loooooooove my carbs and soda. I'm already about over my salads. Here is to hoping I can stick with it. Studies show it takes 66 days to create a new habit. I have 63 days to go. Ugh.

Needing: Sleep. I feel like I am always putting caffeine or sleep on this one, but honestly, I am just tired all of the time. ALWAYS!

Giving: I am happily giving away a Christmas freebie from my Christmas Literacy Pack. Click the image below to grab it. :)


If you enjoyed this freebie, check out my Christmas Literacy & Math Pack. (Both also sold separately.)


I hope everyone has a wonderfully safe and blessed holiday season! 






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey. We both need sleep. Must be a teacher thing :) Good luck with the gym and making healthy choices. It's a hard time of year but I think you can do it, you're off to a good start. Good luck and happy holidays.
    Tammy Teaching With Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey...too funny, I find myself wanting to put "sleep" every time also! Also, I laughed about you needing "silence". I have to make a conscious effort to turn on the TV because I am so content with silence, too. I can't imagine being a kindergarten teacher this time of year...good luck! :)

    www.amiddleschoolsurvivalguide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Feedback/Questions: