Five for Friday! {St. Patty's Day}



It is Friday. Know what that means? It is time to link up with Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for this week's Five for Friday.

The weather the beginning of this week was my absolute favorite. It was warm, sunny, and not a cloud in sight. At the end of the day on Monday, everyone, including me, in my class was itching to go outside. I grabbed my sidewalk chalk, and outside we went to practice our spelling words and for much needed vitamin D time. After finishing our spelling word practice, we still had time before going home to channel our inner Picasso's all over the sidewalk. :)




This entire week we celebrated St. Patrick's Day. We used a literacy and math unit from my teaching partner, Brittany Banister at Mrs. Banister's Kindergarten Kids, and we made several different crafts to go along with this holiday. Here are a few of the activities that filled our week...


We wrote about who was worth more than gold to us. The first example is from a little boy in my classroom who lives on a farm, and I just love his responses. The second example melted my heart!
"My dad because he lets me drive the tractor."

"My uncle because he talk to me about God."

We completed our first directed drawing thanks to First Grade Blue Skies!



We wrote about what we would do if we found a pot of gold. Some of the responses were just too precious.

We also reviewed for our math test over addition by making these adorable leprechauns inspired by Eberhart's Explorers


We graphed what type of potato is our favorite to eat: mashed, baked, or fried.



We ended our week by sending in leprechaun traps to catch that pesky little guy who has been destroying our classrooms in Kindergarten. ;)



Next week is our spring break, so we prepared our bulletin board for when we return. I can't take credit for these adorable umbrella writings, but I did find them on Pinterest from Mrs. T's First Grade Class. I created my own version of the original and altered it a bit to fit the needs of my Kinders. I'm in love with the way this board turned out!






We ended our last day before break by having our annual faculty/student basketball game. My teacher (and blogging) buddies, Brittany and Liz Wimp cheered during the game with me. Made me miss my high school cheer days!





It is March, which means only one thing...it is time for March Madness! I was born and raised to bleed blue, and I am so proud of the success our Cats are having this season. 35-0 so far... GO BIG BLUE!



Everyone have a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Love all of your St. Patrick's Day activities! The directed drawings turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Feedback/Questions: