Five for Friday


I'm linking up with Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!


We kicked off Read Across America Week on Monday with "Dress as your favorite Dr. Seuss character" Day. I try to always participate in the fun days that are planned, and this day was no different. I was 'twinning' with my good friend, Liz Wimp from Mrs. Wimp's Firsties, as the Cat in the Hat, while my teaching partner, Brittany Banister from Mrs. Banister's Kindergarten Kids, was Sam. 


None of my Kinders dressed up on this day, but they still wanted to participate, so we made Cat in the Hat hats to wear all day! Are these not the sweetest faces?!





Not only did we kick off Read Across America Week on Monday, but we also had a very special visitor come to our school. Glenda Ritz, our State Superintendent of Public Education, came to take a tour of some of the schools in our district, and she made a visit to our school and read a couple books to our Kinders and Firsties! I can't think of a better way to kick off a week of learning!




One of my favorite Dr. Seuss books is The Sneetches. To get our classroom hallway ready for Read Across America and Dr. Seuss Week, we read The Sneetches and talked about what makes us stand out like the Star-Bellied Sneetches. I whipped up this bulletin board with pictures of each of my Kinders and their writing of what makes them stand out. I love it so much that I probably will keep it up until right before Easter. 




On Wednesday, a winter storm blew in which not only sent us home early from school that day, but also slapped us with two snow days. I love snow, but enough is enough! I need my summer to add the final touches on my wedding in July!




Thanks to these snow days here lately, I have been able to catch up on some quality TPT time. I have been able to create products that I have been wanting to do for quite some time, but have just lacked the time or motivation. I can't wait to be able to use these in my classroom this spring!

 



Have a great weekend!




5 comments:

  1. Your class look adorable in their "cat in the hat" hats :) I love Dr. Seuss and The Sneetches is one of my favourites as well as Green Eggs & Ham. I am sure it will finally stop snowing for you by July!! We have had some snow in England this year but nothing by comparison to what you have had over there - brrrrrr!!
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our blog posts were pretty much identical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had two snow days this week too. It was a great unexpected surprise!
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!
    Mrs.Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your week started with so much excitement with Read Across America! The kids always love it when teachers dress up, don't they!
    Good luck with putting an end to snow days - it is starting to cool down here in Australia so it's time to heat up for you guys!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had so much fun hanging out with your this weekend! I think we laughed enough to work off a few pounds! :) Haha!!! Anyways, LOVE your blog and your Dr. Seuss board! I added your link to my blog, thanks to you and Jena for showing me how! :) Have a good night!!!
    Kristen
    Happy Days in 4th Grade

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Feedback/Questions: