St. Patrick's Day Nonsense

Since St. Patrick's Day falls on a Monday this year, our Kindergarten team's theme study this week is all about St. Patty's Day.


My small group is working on nonsense word fluency pretty extensively here lately, so I created a NWF activity with a St. Patrick's Day swing to it. This week, I really saw some progress and growth in their ability to stretch out the words, and they worked together to decide if the word on each shamrock was a real or silly word.



















I was extremely proud at the end of our small group session today, and I can't wait to do the exact same activity later this week and see how they do. (I like to repeat the same activity such as this with this particular small group because they tend to understandably do better the second time around and they feel like experts at the end. The confidence boost works wonders!)







P.S. I am currently working on setting up my Teachers Pay Teachers store, and will have this activity as well as one other St. Patrick's Day literacy center activity on there before too long. I will be sure to let all of my fellow bloggers and followers know when my store is up and running in case you want this activity for your own class. Check back for the update. :)