June: Currently.

I am linking up for my first Currently with Farley from Oh' Boy 4th Grade



Click the button above to go to Oh' Boy 4th Grade and check out the rest of the linky party. 


Listening:
I am currently watching Dolphin Tale while working on some items for my TPT store and, obviously, blogging. When I see this movie on the tv guide, I have to watch it. Nothing like a good inspirational movie to accompany my lazy Sunday. (I cry EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I watch this movie. I don't know why I do this to myself. lol)

Loving:
I am loooooooooooving that summer break is only FIVE days away. It is certainly going to be hard to let go of some of my kiddos, but at the end of the day, I am really looking forward to some R&R to rejuvenate. 

Thinking:
I have been thinking about some new organizational ideas for next year. This past school year was my first teaching year, and man have I learned a lot! I was offered my position just days before school began, so the time to sit and get everything organized was not exactly an option. I have seriously just been getting through this year the best that I can, and as organized as I can possibly be, but I still have quite a ways to go before my OCD self will be satisfied. First up for organizing, get rid of my desk. You may think that me getting rid of a desk just doesn't make sense for getting organized, but I'll tell you what. The six drawers that I have in my desk have become junk drawers. When I get something that I know I can't pitch in the trash, but I know I may need some day, it gets put in a drawer with a pile of other things I felt the same way about. Not only that, but the top of my desk becomes a great place to just pile stacks of papers, magazines, books, etc. I. CAN'T. STAND. IT. Even as I am placing more on top of the stack I am thinking that I can't stand it, but I just don't know what to do with a lot of the stuff I have accumulated, so for now, that is what I have done to sort of 'survive.' Once I get rid of the desk, I will 1. have more space and 2. be able to get drawers that I can label and organize prior to school beginning. I can't wait. 

Wanting:
I am desperately wanting my body to not be sore right now. My fiance talked me into doing a Mudstache (a 5 mile mud obstacle course run) at Perfect North Slopes with his company Anytime Fitness. It was the most challenging thing I have EVER done, but I felt so accomplished and proud of myself when I finished the race. It was my first time doing any type of race, and this obstacle course through the woods in and out of mud kicked my booty. I felt fine yesterday, but today I looked like I have been beat to a pulp. My poor legs... oh my poor legs. I have bruises all over my knees because when all else failed, I just went through the mud on my knees. (It was really slippery running up and down hills!) Aside from the bruises, my muscles are completely sore. I used muscles yesterday that I probably haven't used since I was a kid. (I climbed across monkey bars... not sure that I could even do that as a kid.) So anyways, I would love for a hot tub right about now just to submerge my body in for awhile. (Not too much to ask for, right?)

Pics from after the Mudstache. Muddy, but loving it!

Needing:
I am in desperate need of finishing and burning my end of the year DVD for my kiddos and their families. I have all of my images put into my iMovie, but I need to add a Menu and then get it transferred over to iDVD so I can get them burned. I am hosting a viewing party for my class and their families on Wednesday of this week, so I have to have at least one ready to go then. The rest will just need to be finished before Friday at Kindergarten Graduation. (Tear!)

Summer Bucket List:
1. Repaint my classroom. Like I said previously, I received my position just days before the first day of school. That meant I didn't get to get into my room until just days before the first day of school. The paint on the walls was chipping off, so I knew that I needed to paint first thing. I decided on a camping classroom theme and painted my room navy blue and yellow. I LOVE the yellow, but the navy blue just makes my room WAAAAAY too dark. I am redoing my class in a bird theme next year and have decided to just paint my room in a light sky blue entirely so that if in the future I decide to change my theme, it will go perfectly with the walls. Not to mention, studies have shown that light blue is a calming color to have on your walls. Lord knows, calming is needed in a kindergarten classroom. ;)
2. Organize and redecorate classroom. I have been working on bird theme related items to redo my word wall, calendar bulletin board, and to decorate my room. I have it all printed, laminated, and cut out. All I need to do now is just get it all put up. I can't wait to get all of my new stuff put up and see how it all looks together. Along with this, I plan to get another filing cabinet for organizational purposes and go through all of my files and get rid of the things I don't need and organize the things that I do.
3. Get some wedding planning completed. If you haven't kept up with my recent posts, I am newly engaged and wedding planning is in full swing. I want to get as much of my DIY projects completed this summer because I know that next summer will be way too crazy busy getting ready for the wedding that I won't have time to sit down and just craft. (We are getting married on July 11, 2015.) I see a ton of trips to Hobby Lobby, lots of burlap and mason jars purchased, and endless numbers of hours spent crafting this summer with some of my favorite people. (This wedding is a great excuse to see my friends and family more often, and I am loving it!)

I hope all of you have a wonderful summer break. Thanks for reading! 



3 comments:

  1. Just found you through the Currently linky! Congrats on making it through the first year. It is certainly the hardest. Take time this summer to regroup and plan ahead! You'll be happy you did! I'm finishing up 25 years and I still work in the summer changing and reflecting. Ok...the mud challenge! WOW! Good for you. Enjoy your break!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you on finishing up your first year of teaching! Next year will go so much more smoothly, especially since you will have the time to organize. It does make a big difference!

    I love the picture of your mudstache! It looks like fun, but it also looks like it would just kill my body! We did the Warrior Dash last year and I vowed to never ever do it again!

    And, also congrats on your upcoming wedding! How exciting! :)

    Alisha
    Missing Tooth Grins

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like superwoman! I am so impressed that you have found time to blog and think about next year during your first teaching job! Especially since you got the job so close to the beginning of the school year. Enjoy your summer, you deserve it!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Feedback/Questions: