Currently- April



I'm linking up with Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for April's edition of Currently.



Listening: I am listening to last night's episode of 19 Kids and Counting. It was an episode I have been anxiously waiting to watch, but I could not get Alex to watch it with me. In the episode, Jessa Duggar is getting married, and watching it just gets me so excited for my own wedding in three months! (Wait, did I really just say THREE months?!)

Loving: The sunshine! I'm not too proud to say that I deal with seasonal depression, so when the weather begins to change and the sun starts shining more and the temperatures start to rise, it does AMAZING things for my mood and state of mind. 

Thinking: I have a ton on my plate this week. I am a bit overwhelmed right now with things for my kiddos and for my classroom. I thought it was a brilliant idea to schedule our class play for the first Friday back from our spring break. It sounded so great at the time, but in hindsight, I wish I would have waited another week or two. This week has already been crazy busy with getting back into our routine, because let's be honest, any time that we have a break, Kinders forget just about everything. We have also been celebrating Easter all week and I have had so many cute, fun activities planned that I have had to ration because we have to make sure we practice our play throughout the day at some point and still get through all of the essentials along with everything else. I am wanting to have an Easter egg hunt with my kiddos on Friday, but I'm really unsure of when I will be able to fit it in. There just aren't enough hours in the day sometimes.

Wanting: another Kentucky win on Saturday! If you follow me on Instagram, you probably already know that I am a HUGE Kentucky Wildcats fan. I am so excited about their season this year, and I am so pumped for them to play Wisconsin in the Final Four on Saturday! Go Cats!

Needing: Dr. Pepper. I have been working on some props for our class play at home for the past two hours, and I am still not finished. I need some caffeine so that I can power through the rest of this tedious work! 

Eggs-plain your name: Well, for right now, it perfectly fits my class because of obvious reasons; however, when I get married in July and my last name changes, it will eggs-plain the beginning of my teaching career as an unwed Kindergarten teacher. (Yeah, I didn't give it too much thought when I created my blog that Alex and I would be getting married anytime soon, and then he literally popped the question a couple months later. Go figure. Story of my life, but I am SO excited!)

Have a great April!

6 comments:

  1. Dr. Pepper makes everything better! I am sure your play will go well. Kinders are adorable even when they mess up a little!

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your play goes well! Then you can enjoy your break!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST watched that tonight too!! It was a great episode! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh Oh I love your blog, but girl...I am from Wisconsin so we're gonna have a problem come Saturday! J/K I hope eveything goes well Friday so you can relax on Saturday. And I sure hope its sunny because you are going to need that good mood to cheer you up when WI wins ;)

    Mrs. Plemons' Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel your Dr. Pepper pain! I am more of a coke girl, but totally addicted to soda!! I can't even have it in the house of I go buck wild! :)
    Melissa from Mrs. Dailey's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three months??? That is so close girl! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see all the beautiful pictures. It sounds like you have a super busy week. I know it will all go smoothly. Hugs,
    Amanda
    Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Comments/Feedback/Questions: